Monday, April 16, 2007

Rainy Days & Mondays....


Happy Monday Everyone! Except, I'm not that happy...

I guess I should be happy that it's not snow, but I am sick of the rain already. I know we don't have it that bad-only an inch or two in the basement boiler room. But the rugs in the basement are wet-again. I dragged out the steam cleaner and spent an hour sucking up all the water. Just went down & they are just as wet! I guess I know what I will be doing for the next 24-48 hours. Dennis is using the shop vac to dry up the boiler room-hopefully it won't keep seeping in. Done ranting!

I had a very productive weekend, and still feel on that roll; perhaps that is why the above is so distressing. Our daughter went to a sleepover party Friday-Saturday and we had a nice evening eating Chinese food & relaxing. Saturday morning I went to our library's Spring book sale-got a few paperbacks-nothing heady, mysteries and such. But I got a really neat children's book with neat illustrations that I plan to use to collage some ACEOs.

In the meantime, I made, Serena. As you can see, she wears her heart on her sleeve and her colors-lemon & strawberry suit her well. Just a little tartness & a lot of sweetness! When I'm done bailing out, I'll put her in my Etsy shop!

I've been tagged by Gillian & Aimee. I'm coming up with 10 little know facts about me and will post asap. I'll also try to think of some to tag.

3 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Serena is so pretty.

I'm with you on the rain. It's raining here again. I wish it was over though I would rather have the rain than the wind.

Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

stilettoheights said...

that is a beautiful piece, I can't wait to read your 10 things, but don't stress about not tagging back 10 people, tag if you want, or don;t tag.

no stress.

xxoxoxo

gilfling said...

Oh Serena is so beautiful! I adore the heart.

I hope there has been some let up in the rain for you - poor you in the basement. Looking forward to your 10 things..

Oh and really...thank you so much for your incredible support and comments on my blog.... I don't always manage to thank everyone but it really means so much.