Tuesday, April 3, 2007

My daughter, the shopaholic!

Yes, friends, it's true! My daughter loves to shop and she is becoming a designer fashionista! And she's only 14...in her first year of High School. Where is it going to go from here?

This week is Spring Break in our school district, so my daughter is off all this week. In fact, she is off an extra day until Tuesday, April 10, because we didn't use all of our snow days. Of course, shopping is tops on her to-do list.

Yesterday we took her to an outlet center about 45 minutes from where we live. I got 2 packs of Stash tea (Chai Tea and White & Green Tea)and 2 pairs of Rockport sneakers for our summer vacation. She got a pair of Saucony sneakers, black high heel pumps, 2 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts & a shorts/top pj set in Aeropostale, 2 shirts & a necklace in Guess, a little pouch in LeSportSac, and a pocket book and wristlet in COACH! She paid for the necklace, pouch & coach wristlet!

When I was in high school, designer was Levi's or Wrangler's and maybe if I was lucky, Nike.

I thought it was cute when she was about 4 or 5 years old and was stamping her foot because her outfit didn't match! I don't know where she learned this! Trust me...my husband wears flannel shirts for pete's sake!

Fortunately, today she went off with good friends of ours (their daughter is our daughter's best friend)to pick up their older daughter at college. Otherwise, I think I'll be broke by the end of this week!

Me...I'm working hard to add things to my Etsy shop!

4 comments:

stilettoheights said...

take her to Target, they have some fab low end designer duds there, also Forever 21 is cheap and adorable.

good luck, you will need it.

Is she reading Teen Vogue?

if not, she should.

jewelstreet said...

Ha! You want to know what it is going to be like in the future ask Stiletto. lol.

You know I love you, Jenn.

It sounds like my daughter who is only 8, but is dying to shop at the LimitedToo and other such places.

Craftymoose Crafts said...

LOL Jenn....I just renewed her subscription to Teen Vogue! She does like Forever 21, too.

gilfling said...

Oh that is hilarious!! I had absolutely NO clue about fashion when I was a teenager....no clue. Sounds like she knows what she wants!!