Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Just putting thoughts to paper

I am giving lots of thought to this week's Creative Challenge. I seem to be in a bit of a rut here. I feel like I am doing the same thing over and over again. Does it look like that to you? Does my etsy shop look as stale as day old bread?
At the moment I can't even think of what my favorite book would be...let alone how to immortalize it in art!

I think I am too caught up in the promoting windmill and it has sapped my creative strength. I feel like I have been pimping my art all over the web-in as many free venues as I can find! I hope I can break free soon.

Sorry this is so rambling, just having a day of wondering if my work is good enough to even be doing this.

6 comments:

Sandra Eileen - Artisan Jewelry For Your Good Life said...

Day old bread really isn't that stale and your shop looks fine.

jewelstreet said...

I think your shop looks great, and your work is fabulous!

I know what you mean though.

stilettoheights said...

you are not day old bread, but I can understand the rut thing....

I am there myself, I am hoping to come back next week more refreshed.

gilfling said...

Oh your work is wonderful!! I think the comparison with day old bread couldn't be further from the truth although I know we all feel like that from time to time. Your dolls are wonderful and (to me) everything is so varied and wonderful in you shop!! I love your bead dolls.

The challenges can be hard when suffering from the old 'block' but in the end they inspire us to do more!! (and this is coming from someone who hasn't participated in weeks!

Steph said...

How could your shop look stale?!

But I know what you mean about promoting. Sometimes I have to remind myself to go make something. And I start to wonder what the whole thing is about. Artists should not have to promote themselves. We are not wired that way!

Craftymoose Crafts said...

Stephanie, you really hit it on the head! I love the creating, and I know the promoting is a necessary part if one wants to sell online. I think I just get crabby when days go by & I haven't had alot of time to make things.

Thanks all for the kind words everyone. I'm feeling less frantic about it!