Thursday, April 26, 2007

Climbing up, out of the ashes!


I'm a bit late with my blog today, but I couldn't put off the house cleaning any longer. Also had a few errands to run--so hopefully the weekend will be free for some crafting time.

Firstly, thanks to everyone for their nice comments on my last blog entry. I guess we all have times of self doubt. I know if I go too many days without creating something (anything), I get real crabby and start thinking unworthy thoughts! Anyway, your encouragement is much appreciated. Now down to business...

I'm not one to back down from a challenge, and creative challenge #48 is no different! The challenge was to be inspired by a favorite book. I chose, Out of Africa by Isak Dinesen. I love animals, and elephants hold a special meaning for me--but that's a subject for another blog! So, I painted this aceo called, "Sunset on the Seregetti". I love doing these challenges! I have to congratulate Jewelstreet for coming up with excellent ideas week after week!

2 comments:

jewelstreet said...

Grr. I can't believe I did not comment on this yesterday.

Love your piece for the challenge. Your skyline is remarkably lifelike. The colors are truly beautiful. Great work!

gilfling said...

Oh this is beautiful! I am so behind on the challenges but I shall catch up someday! I think I am collecting the missed ones for when I am desperately needing some inspiration!