While thinking about Jewelstreet's creative challenge this week, I got a song stuck in my head. I don't even know the whole song-just one line! The challenge was to use the color lime! So I thought lime, lime--he put the lime in the coconut--and it was all downhill from there! I think that inspiration guy was shouting at me...something about limes and coconuts...anyway, here's what I came up with!
I used acrylic paint to do the background. The palm tree is hand cut using different kinds of paper. The coconuts are cut from a speciality paper that resembles burlap. It will be in my Etsy shop later today!
Now maybe I can get that song out of my head!
Quick update of the flower girl headpieces...I've made great progress! I finished the baby's breath and all the leaves. The roses & baby's breath are all taped. I've begun taping 5 leaves into a sprig of leaves. Then I will be ready to attached them to the wire (which I haven't bought yet!) and voila, I will be finished!